Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sticks and Stones

Sticks and Stones

Sticks and Stones


Sticks and Stones can break my bones, and words really can hurt me.
Can silence my voice, my opinions, my feelings, my free agency, and my will to live. Slowly becoming half a person, fading away, with no choices, feelings or opinions.

Verbal Abuse is becoming more and more widespread, but still virtually un-noticeable. It leaves no physical marks, but damaging mental and emotional scars, and has the power to destroy lives. Verbal abuse has a high potential to evolve into physical abuse as well. I believe we could all use education on this subject so that we may recognize the signs and symptoms of verbal and emotional abuse and possibly prevent it from continuing with someone we know and love - and possibly save a life……

“Each time a person stands up for an ideal or acts to improve the lot of others, they send forth a tiny ripple of hope...these ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance”. Robert F. Kennedy

1 comment:

rebecca said...

you are so brave. sure love you.